Current job opportunities with the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum:
5/1/17 – Kiddieland Manager Position: The Carrousel Museum is seeking a responsible, personable college student or retired adult to manage the Kiddieland Testing Park. It is understood that this is a summer position only, and will require weekends in September into October, weather permitting. Must be age 19 or older. Start Date: May 26, 2017.
Reports to: Museum Director
- Hours are 9:30 AM – 4:15 or 4:30 PM, Wednesday through Sunday
- Holiday Weekends – Sat through Monday, then Wed- Sun
- Full schedule Memorial Day through Labor Day. Weekends only in September and possibly October, weather permitting. Must be available all of these days.
- Open and close the park, including the large overhead doors.
- Train and supervise volunteer ride operators and ticket booth
- Test each ride for operation, safety and cleanliness – record on log
- Pick up and Return tokens and cash drawer from office
- Make simple ride repairs as needed, or call the office
- Keep park clean of papers, weeds, etc.
- Keep ride cars dusted and as clean as possible
- Water flowers daily (pots and flowers outside fence ); triangle garden as needed
- Operate rides safely
- Oversee volunteer ride operators
- Be personable to museum visitors
By May 19, 2017, mail letter of interest and qualifications, resume, 2-3 letters of reference as to maturity, dependability, ability to supervise others and to interact with children, to:
Director, Carrousel Museum
180 Thompson St., North Tonawanda, NY 14120
Or email all to email@example.com