Carrousels have always been about children. We try to pass our city’s unique history on to the next generation in several ways:
- Funding from the New York State Education Department, New York State Council on the Arts, and the Institute of Museum and Library Service has made to possible to provide special, free visits to the museum for local elementary school children. To book a field trip or workshop at the museum please email Megan Hahin, the Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are honored to have won the “Excellence in Collaboration” award for our partnership with Fletcher Elementary School in the Tonawanda City School District! Thank you to the Erie County Association of School Boards and Hodgson Russ LLP for honoring our partnership.
- Jim Guido will be working as an educational consultant on our STEM programming this year. Jim is the treasurer of WNY STEM. He is a retired Physics teacher. Recently, he helped to chair the Student Spaceflight Experiments Program that allowed students from Hamlin Park School in Buffalo to send their science experiment into space.
- The Children’s Gallery at the museum is stocked with fun, educational activities for kids from toddlers to teens.
- Our Special Events are family-friendly affairs, and always contain an educational component.