Then we have a wonderful opportunity for you in one or more of the following areas:
- Admissions: Greet and orient visitors to the museum, sell admission and ride tickets.
- Gift Shop: Assist visitors in the museum store, restock shelves, assist with sales. Mondays & Tuesdays, 10-4 during summer hours.
- Carrousel Operator: Run both the full-size 1916 carrousel and the 1930s kiddie carrousel. Ensure an educational and safe ride for all visitors. 1916 #1 Special Carrousel operators must be 18 or older. Kiddie Carrousel operators must be 16 or older.
- Docent: Guide tours for children and adult groups and interact with walk-in visitors throughout the museum to interpret the factory’s history.
- Woodcarver: Demonstrate carving techniques and discuss the carving process for tour groups and walk-in visitors.
- Children’s Gallery Assistant: Interact with children and families in our hands-on children’s gallery. Assist with crafts, activities, and gallery upkeep.
- Restoration Team: Preserve the museum’s historic 1916 carousel through horse restoration.
- Building Crew: Help with museum upkeep and handyman activites, especially carpentry and painting, Mondays and Fridays 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Board of Trustees
- Kiddieland Ride Operator: run the 4 rides in our new Kiddieland Testing Park exhibit. Helicopter operators must be 18 or older; operators for the other 3 rides must be 16 or older.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer positions, please fill out our Volunteer Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.